This is the first of three sessions, see the schedule below. You only need to sign up once, but you are committing to all three sessions. If you cannot complete the course, please dont deny a spot to someone who can.
Who should attend this course
Developers, managers, product managers, and executives who want a hands-on introduction to Lean / Kanban they can apply right away to the benefit of their existing and new teams.
Limited to 24 participants.
What you can expect
– Concrete ideas and practices you can use today
– Increased visibility into your work and the processes you use
– Enhanced predictability of your teams
– Recognize the impediments to enhanced productivity — and avoid or remove them.
The class is experiential in nature. To get the value of the course, you should expect to:
– Identify at least one team in your business or nonprofit thats committed to applying kanban. Although this is not strictly required, the best way to learn is by doing, with something at stake. At the absolute minimum, you should plan to implement personal kanban for the duration of the course, but dont overlook the possibility of using kanban to coordinate a volunteer activity or manage family activities.
– Come to all three classes
– Do and report the work between the classes, applying what youre learning to your own teams.
– Exchange your experiences, trials, and tips with other participants.
– Bring a notebook computer to class that you will also use to record data. Software will be distributed shortly before the first session.
September 12 8:30am-1pm – breakfast at 8:30, class starts 9am sharp – basics and board creation
October 12 6-9pm – dinner at 6, class starts 6:30 – experience reports
October 24 8:30am-1pm – breakfast 8:30, class starts 9am. The getKanban game.
Breakfast will be provided at both Saturday sessions, and dinner at the evening session. Participants with dietary restrictions should plan to bring their own food.
Text: Burrows, Kanban from the Inside http://goo.gl/KtOFHC. Participants who complete the course may request reimbursement for the book, so save your receipt.
Communications: well use Google Groups:
Date/Time: 9/12/15 8:30 am – 1:00 pm
Venue: The Advisory Board, 12357-C Riata Trace Parkway, Bldg 7, Suite 100, Austin, TX 78727
To Register and for more info: http://www.eventbrite.com/event/18126318306.