It has been a while since we visited provisioning and how we deal with that. This can be a hard area to deal with – particularly for those of us who can’t simply leverage the tools that come with a public cloud infrastructure. Tho providers can be plenty challenging, too. Since we’ve recently touched on a lot of the issues of what comes after (configuration management, monitoring, etc.), so it seems a good time to circle back.
The good news is there seems to be plenty of progress in the space on both the public cloud as well as home-grown infrastructures.
Please come to this meeting with your ideas, experiences and readiness to talk about things like:
– How do you do provisioning?
– How do you wish you could do provisioning?
– What tools do you use and why?
– How much self-service do you allow and how are you tracking it?
– How do you integrate capacity tracking / usage to provisioning?
– What lessons has using cloud provisioning taught you?
– What lessons has using / building your own provisioning solution taught you?
– Anything else provisioning related that people might be interested in.
Date/Time: 7/31/13 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm
Venue: Bazaarvoice, 3900 N. Capital of TX Hwy., Austin, TX 78746
To Register (and for more info): http://www.eventbrite.com/event/7533199001.